Monday, December 14, 2009

Projects!

I have needed to catch up on this. I am absolutely awful when it comes to updating my blog.

Here are a few of the projects I've done this semester:

My Grid Art Piece:



My Xerox Piece:



I was inspired to make a guitar with wings by the song "Atoms Smash" by Weatherbox based after the line " My strings grow wings and hands."

My performance art piece will shortly be up on the internet soon. It was a fun and interesting experience especially because of the Woman staring at me from the window of her quite posh and lavish salon with an excessive amount of tin foil in her hair and product on her face. I bet she thought that I looked really stupid.

I wanted to follow the assignment and show how I relate to technology, and I decided to use the vocoder on my synthesizer to communicate because as of the last year and a half I have spent a majority of my time writing and recording electronic music. I write music in general to express my emotions so I wanted to bridge the gap between that and actual communication, which is something I want to accomplish through my music by being able to "speak to people" and trigger an emotional response.

For my video art piece (which will also be on the blog soon) I decided to take a piece of electronic music that I have been working on for the past month, simplify it, and have it cued to a time lapse of the campus from outside my window to capture a few hours at UT from a high point encompassing as much as I could. Unfortunately, the tape in my camera only ran for an hour and a half, which I cut down to somewhere between 3:29-4 minutes, yet it was still able to capture a good amount of action. The track I put to the video originally had some auto tuned vocals (technology makes me a better singer, I won't lie about that) and a vocoder part as well, but didn't make much sense in context of the video so I ended up cutting that from the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment